Free Legal Consultation
You’ve been injured in a car accident in Rhode Island. Your medical and car repair bills are piling up. And you’re losing income. You need the help of an experienced Rhode Island car accident lawyer. The legal team at Gemma Law Associates, Inc., is ready and has the experience necessary to help you.
Gemma Law Associates, Inc., is the right firm for you. We have a number of Rhode Island car crash attorneys available to negotiate and litigate on your behalf. When you’re feeling sick or tired, or you are confused about how to proceed when an insurance company calls, we can help. Our caring, determined staff of Rhode Island car accident lawyers is committed to making sure your financial future is sound.
To learn more, call us today toll free at 888-343-1548 or use our online form to contact us. We provide free initial consultations.
What Our Rhode Island Car Accident Attorneys Can Do for You
The Rhode Island car accident attorneys of Gemma Law Associates, Inc., are committed to helping you. Here’s what we can do:
- Provide a free, confidential review of your case and determine your chances for financial recovery
- Investigate the insurance coverage and assets of the parties involved in your accident
- Gather and review all bills related to your case to estimate your losses
- File a lawsuit against the party who caused your wreck
- Negotiate a settlement that is beneficial to you, or represent you at trial
- Assist you with any post-trial legal needs, including filing an appeal if necessary.
We understand the legal issues that car accident victims face. Our attorneys know how to negotiate with insurance companies to get the best possible results for you. We have been dedicated to personal injury law for more than 48 years. Our lawyers have extensive courtroom experience. We will dedicate our time and energy to your case.
Rhode Island Car Accident Victims: Need to Go to Court?
After your Rhode Island car crash, you may not think about filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. But that is exactly what you may need to do to communicate effectively with an insurance company.
Insurance companies are profit driven and won’t always fully cover your expenses and losses. Insurance companies minimize payments for car wreck victims, which could leave you with the short end of the stick. Before accepting any settlement from an insurance company after an accident, contact Gemma Law Associates, Inc.
Our Rhode Island car accident attorneys know strategies that can help you get the money you deserve. Our lawyers have demonstrated their skills in cases involving:
- Drunk drivers – Drunk driving is a leading cause of car accidents resulting in property damage, injury and death in the United States. One in three people will be involved in an alcohol-related crash in their lifetime. According to the National Research Council, some 50 to 75 percent of convicted drunk drivers continue to drive even when their license has been suspended.
- Speeding – In 2010, speeding was a factor in 32 percent of motor vehicle crash deaths, according to the U.S. Department of Transportation. Speeding has been a factor in about one-third of motor vehicle accident fatalities since 2001.
- Distracted drivers – In 2010, 3,092 people were killed in crashes involving a distracted driver, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) says. An estimated 416,000 more were injured in motor vehicle crashes involving distracted driving.
- Fatigued / drowsy drivers – The NHTSA conservatively estimates that 100,000 police-reported crashes are the direct result of driver fatigue each year, resulting in an estimated 1,500 deaths, 71,000 injuries, and $12.5 billion in monetary losses. Studies suggest that teenage drivers who work and/or stay up late but must rise early for school are particularly likely to be sleep deprived.
- Reckless and negligent drivers – Recklessness and negligence include a variety of behaviors, including some listed above and aggressive driving, i.e., tailgating, abrupt lane changes, risky passing, running red lights, etc. Each such act could be the basis of a legal claim against a driver who caused a wreck.
One of the biggest challenges you may face after a wreck is getting reimbursed for your losses from an uninsured or underinsured driver (UM/UIM). Our Rhode Island car accident lawyers can help you investigate the assets of such drivers. We can demand money for your unpaid medical and repair bills, lost wages and your pain and suffering.
Another factor to consider is that Rhode Island is what’s known as a “pure comparative negligence state” when it comes to automotive accidents. When a car accident occurs in Rhode Island, a percentage of fault for the wreck is assigned to each party involved in the accident. The amount of damages (compensation) awarded to the personal injury victim will be based upon the other party’s percentage of fault.
The Rhode Island car accident lawyers of Gemma Law Associates, Inc., know how to conduct thorough accident investigations to determine appropriate assignment of fault in car wrecks and how to persuasively present the facts of your case in court. Our skilled attorneys will work tirelessly to get you the funds you need to make a full recovery, get back to work and ensure the safety and financial future of your family.
Contact Our Rhode Island Car Accident Lawyers Today
Gemma Law Associates, Inc., represents car accident victims and their families across Rhode Island. We help those in Providence and Newport. We also represent clients in Pawtucket, Bristol, Warwick, Cranston or Woonsocket. If you’re an out-of-state driver injured in Rhode Island, we can help you, too.
Call our Rhode Island car accident lawyers today toll free at 877-237-4591 or use our online form. We can provide you with a free and confidential evaluation of your case and help you determine your legal options.