Free Legal Consultation
The Rhode Island dangerous drug attorneys of Gemma Law Associates, Inc., have unfortunately come to discover that not every pharmaceutical product works as intended or advertised by its manufacturer. In many cases, the drug may have been placed on the market without the extensive testing required by law, or the pharmaceutical company may have ignored the drug’s potential for serious and deadly side effects and opted to choose profit over patient safety.
At Gemma Law Associates, Inc., we believe the manufacturers, distributors and sellers of dangerous drugs need to be held fully accountable, and we are committed to recovering compensation for those who have been harmed by these products.
For more than four decades, we have helped victims of dangerous drugs throughout Rhode Island, including Providence, Pawtucket, Warwick, Newport, Bristol, Cranston, and Woonsocket.
To learn how we can help you, call us today toll-free at 877-237-4591 or use our online form. We provide free initial case evaluations.
Rhode Island Dangerous Drug Lawyers Protecting Your Rights
Product liability law provides remedies for those who have been harmed by flawed pharmaceuticals. Drug injury victims may be able to assert claims based on defective manufacturing or design of the drug, or they may successfully contend that they suffered harm due to the drug maker’s failure to provide proper instructions or warnings.
Often, dangerous drug lawsuits are consolidated in a federal district court for pretrial proceedings with cases involving similar claims from across the country. These multidistrict litigation (MDL) proceedings help to define specific legal issues and contribute to an efficient resolution of the case.
At Gemma Law Associates, Inc., our dangerous pharmaceutical legal team currently is investigating cases involving:
- Antidepressants and Birth Injuries: Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) such as Zoloft (sertraline), Prozac (fluoxetine), Paxil (paroxetine) and Lexapro (escitalopram) have been linked to a series of birth defects.
- Crestor Side Effects: This prescription drug is supposed to help people with cholesterol problems, but medical studies show that it can cause potentially deadly side effects like rhabdomyolysis — a form of muscle breakdown that can lead to kidney failure.
- Fosamax: The drug has been marketed for the treatment of osteoporosis, but several studies have shown that it actually weakens bones instead of making them stronger.
- Levaquin: This prescription antibiotic has been linked to serious side effects, including disabling tendon ruptures and tendonitis.
- Paxil: The FDA is advising doctors not to prescribe this antidepressant to women in their first three months of pregnancy or to those planning to become pregnant because of the risk of serious birth defects.
- Topamax Birth Defects: Repeated surgeries and years of treatment for a child’s cleft palate or cleft lip could be necessitated by birth defects related to this medication, which many mothers have taken for epilepsy, migraines and off-label uses.
When seeking legal relief in a defective drug case, it’s important to work with a law firm such as Gemma Law Associates, Inc. We have the experience in complex cases and the resources to take on major companies.
Contact Our Rhode Island Dangerous Drug Lawyers Today
The attorneys of Gemma Law Associates, Inc., have handled dangerous drug cases for decades. We’ve won multimillion-dollar settlements on behalf of injured clients in Providence, Newport, Pawtucket, Warwick, Bristol, Cranston and Woonsocket.
We have a successful record of litigating personal injury and wrongful death claims involving defectively designed and marketed pharmaceuticals, and we are prepared to argue on your behalf in the courtroom if necessary to recover the damages you deserve. Rhode Island places strict time limits on filing product liability claims, so it’s important to act immediately if you have been seriously injured by a medication or prescription drug. For a free legal consultation, call our Rhode Island dangerous drug attorneys today toll-free at 877-237-4591 or use our online form.