The following is a list of the results obtained by the Rhode Island personal injury lawyers at Gemma Law Associates, Inc., on behalf of clients in a wide variety of cases.
These past results are in no way intended to guarantee that a similar result can be obtained in your case. Each case is different and involves unique factual and legal issues. However, these past results do indicate our firm’s experience when it comes to handling serious personal injury and wrongful death cases. Please note that in some of the cases listed below, our firm shared responsibility for securing the result with co-counsel.
To learn more about our firm and discuss your case, call us today at our toll-free number or use our online form. We represent clients in communities all over Rhode Island, including Providence, Warwick, Cranston, Newport, Pawtucket and Woonsocket.
- Nursing Home Negligence (Confidential): We obtained this settlement on behalf of the estate of a nursing home resident who suffered a fall, with death resulting.
- Slip-and-Fall Accident (Confidential): We secured a six-figure settlement for a woman who suffered a severe shoulder injury after falling on a defective stairway.
- Construction Site Accident ($3.5 million): Our client, a 39-year-old man, fell while working on a roof at a construction site and suffered paralysis. Our firm secured this settlement in a case brought against the general contractor for failure to provide fall-protection equipment.
- Medical Malpractice ($2 million): This wrongful death settlement was obtained on behalf of the estate of a young woman. The claim involved a wrongful diagnosis by her doctor.
- Medical Malpractice ($2 million): Our client, a young woman, suffered severe permanent injuries while recovering from a routine surgery at a local hospital. The settlement involved a claim that the woman suffered a stroke due to the failure to properly diagnose an operative bleed.
- Work-Related Illness ($1.2 million): Our firm secured this settlement on behalf of a middle-aged man who developed bone marrow cancer from Agent Orange exposure while working around power lines for several years.
- Medical Malpractice ($1 million): This settlement was obtained for a victim of medical malpractice.
- Slip-and-Fall Accident (Verdict): We secured a six-figure jury verdict on behalf of a client who suffered a serious back injury when she slipped and fell.
- Medical Malpractice ($950,000): This wrongful death settlement involved a claim that the failure to properly screen for colon / prostate cancer led to our client’s death.
- Motorcycle Accident ($650,000): We reached this settlement for a young woman who suffered a serious leg injury as the passenger on a motorcycle that was struck by another vehicle. Our client sustained a fractured leg, requiring surgery, and she was left with scarring.
- Car Accident ($600,000): This wrongful death claim involved an 18-year-old male who was a passenger in an auto accident. Our firm brought the claim against the driver of the car in which our client was a passenger. The case settled for the maximum amount of insurance coverage available to our client.
- Construction Accident ($600,000): This construction site injury settlement was on behalf of a client who suffered a severe injury to his hand in a fall while working.
- Car Accident ($500,000): Our client, a middle-aged woman, suffered a severe neck injury when in a rear-end car accident. Her injury required surgery and extensive medical treatment. Our firm reached a settlement of her claim.
- Car Accident ($446,000): We secured this settlement for a man who suffered severe injuries in an auto accident.
- Car Accident ($435,000): This wrongful death settlement involved the death of an elderly woman who was in a car crash that tragically lead to her death.
- Slip-and-Fall Accident ($390,000): Our firm obtained this settlement for a man who sustained serious legal injuries from a fall on steps that were defective.
- Burn Injury ($380,000): We secured this settlement for a minor who suffered severe burns as the result of a house fire.
- Car Accident ($355,000): We secured this settlement for our client who suffered a back injury when a vehicle suddenly turned into his lane of travel causing a high impact collision. Our client suffered a herniated disk requiring surgery and the instillation of hardware to repair his spine.
- Car Accident ($350,000): Our client, a young woman, was involved in a rear-end car accident. She sustained a serious back injury that led to numerous surgeries as well as a permanent back injury. The case was resolved for the total amount of insurance coverage available to our client.
- Workplace Injury ($325,000): Our firm obtained this settlement for a worker who was crushed by a steel cage.
- Wrongful Death ($325,000): Our firm reached this settlement in a wrongful death case.
- Slip-and-Fall Accident ($300,000): Our client suffered a serious lower-back injury requiring surgery when he slipped and fell on untreated ice on the premises of a motel. Our firm reached a settlement on his behalf.
- Construction Accident ($300,000): Our firm secured this construction site injury settlement for a client who suffered two severely broken legs after falling from defective scaffolding.
- Car Accident ($300,000): Our client, a young woman, suffered traumatic brain injury as a result of a car accident. Her case settled for the maximum amount of insurance available to her.
- Workers’ Compensation ($292,000): Our firm obtained this settlement for a middle-aged man who fell at his workplace and suffered a serious knee injury.
- Workers’ Compensation ($265,000): We reached this settlement for client who suffered a back injury on the job.
- Car Accident ($265,000): Our client suffered a herniated disk in the neck requiring surgery after being rear-ended by another vehicle. The case settled.
- Car Accident ($260,000): We secured this settlement for a client who was a passenger in a motor vehicle that had broken down on the highway. As our client was outside of the vehicle, in the breakdown lane, he was struck by an oncoming car. He suffered severe wrist and leg injuries.
- Boating Accident ($255,000): Our firm achieved this settlement on behalf of a client who sustained injuries in a boating collision that occurred when the client had the right of way on the open sea.
- Car Accident ($250,000): This case involved an auto accident and homeowner’s insurance settlement. Our client was a passenger in a one-car auto accident. The client and his driver, both underage at the time of the crash, had been at a house party, where they were served alcohol. The recovery was from two auto insurance policies and the homeowner’s insurance policy of the house at which the boys were served alcohol.
- Toxic Mold Exposure ($250,000): Our firm obtained this settlement for a client who suffered injuries due to toxic mold in the home.
- Car Accident ($250,000): Our firm secured this settlement for a man who suffered serious knee injury as the result of being struck by an automobile while attempting to help change a tire on a disabled vehicle.
Contact Our Rhode Island Personal Injury Attorneys Today
If you have been hurt or lost a loved one because of someone’s carelessness or wrongdoing, the lawyers at Gemma Law Associates, Inc., can help you get money damages for your losses. Call us today at our toll-free number or fill out our online form.
Remember: Every case begins with a free legal consultation by one of our Rhode Island personal injury attorneys.