The Woonsocket personal injury lawyers at Gemma Law Associates, Inc., have been helping individuals and their families in Rhode Island recover the compensation they deserve for nearly half a century. We represent clients in personal injury and wrongful death cases, including Woonsocket car accidents, dog bites, injuries at work and more RI legal services.
If you or a loved one has been injured in any type of accident in Woonsocket due to the negligence or intentional acts of another person or company, our personal injury attorneys are here to help. Call us today at 401-467-2300 toll free or use our online form for a free evaluation of your personal injury claim. We will answer your questions and help you determine the best course of action.
About Woonsocket, RI
Gemma Law Associates, Inc., is proud to serve the more than 41,000 residents of Woonsocket, Rhode Island. Woonsocket is centrally located in the Boston/Worcester/Providence Triangle, and it is surrounded by the growing suburban communities of Lincoln, Cumberland and North Smithfield. Connected to I-295 and the rest of the Interstate system by the Route 99 connector highway, Woonsocket is just 20 minutes from Providence and approximately an hour from Boston, MA. While manufacturing continues to be a major part of the local economy, high tech, finance and retail have become equally important.
Hospitals and Medical Centers Serving Woonsocket RI
Victims of catastrophic vehicle accidents will require immediate medical attention. In Woonsocket, emergency medical care is available at Landmark Medical Center, which is located at 115 Cass Avenue, Woonsocket, RI 02895.
If your accident was caused by the negligence or carelessness of another, contact Gemma Law Associates, Inc., to learn more about how our Woonsocket personal injury attorneys can help you to recover compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering and other losses.
Courts Hearing Woonsocket, RI, Personal Injury Cases
In the Rhode Island trial court system, there are Superior Courts, Family Courts, District Courts, Traffic Tribunal Courts and the Workers’ Compensation Court, which is charged with hearing all disputes between an employer and an employee relating to workers’ compensation. Rhode Island Personal injury cases, on the other hand, are heard in civil court.
The Providence County Superior Court hears civil cases where the amount in controversy exceeds $10,000. The court’s jurisdiction is concurrent with the District Court as to civil matters with amounts at issue from $5,000-$10,000. The courts serving Woonsocket are:
- Sixth Division District Court – J. Joseph Garrahy Judicial Complex, One Dorrance Plaza, Providence, RI, 02903. Phone: (401) 458-5400. Cities and towns in the district are Barrington, Bristol, Burrillville, Central Falls, Cumberland, East Providence, Pawtucket, Providence, Warren and Woonsocket.
- Providence/Bristol County Superior Court – Frank J. Licht Judicial Complex, 250 Benefit Street, Providence, RI, 02903. Phone: (401) 222-3230.The Licht Judicial Complex, formerly known as the Providence County Courthouse, houses the Providence/Bristol County Superior Court as well as the Supreme Court and the State Law Library.
- Worker’s Compensation Court – J. Joseph Garrahy Judicial Complex, 1 Dorrance Plaza, Providence, RI, 02903. Phone: (401) 458-5000.
- Rhode Island Supreme Court – 205 Benefit Street, Providence, RI, 02903. Phone: (401) 222-327.
- Workers’ Compensation Court, J. Joseph Garrahy Judicial Complex, 1 Dorrance Plaza, Providence, Rhode Island, 02903. Phone: (401) 458-5000.
- Rhode Island Supreme Court, 205 Benefit Street, Providence, RI, 02903. Phone: (401) 222-3272.
Don’t Delay – Contact Our Rhode Island Personal Injury Attorneys Today
If you’ve been seriously injured in a car or truck accident or have been hurt on the job, call us now. There are strict deadlines for filing a car accident claim or a workers’ compensation claim. For immediate legal assistance in Woonsocket or throughout Rhode Island, contact Gemma Law Associates, Inc., today toll free or use our online form. We also handle wrongful death claims for families who have lost loved ones because another person behaved negligently or carelessly.
Gemma Law Associates, Inc., has more than four decades of experience representing clients in their time of need. We have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of clients inProvidence and throughout Rhode Island to include: Bristol, Cranston, Kent County, Newport, Pawtucket, Warwick, Washington County, and Woonsocket.
Because of time limits for filing a wrongful death claim, it’s important to contact us immediately. Call our Rhode Island wrongful death attorneys today toll-free or use our online form. We provide free initial case evaluations.
Still researching and not wanting to call us yet? Here are a list of resources that may help you find out the information you need about your Rhode Island personal injury:
- Personal injury RI
- Rhode island dog bite laws
- Construction Site Injury & Workers’ Compensation in RI
- Workers’ Compensation Rhode Island
- Slip and Fall Accident Injury Lawyer Rhode Island
- Car Accident with Drunk Driver in Rhode Island
- Medical Malpractice and Negligence in Rhode Island
- Wrongful Death Lawyer Rhode Island
- Rhode Island Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Multi-car accident and pile up Attorney in Rhode Island
- Truck Accident Rhode Island
- See More Rhode Island Legal Services Resources here!