Rhode Island law allows those who suffer personal injuries or lose a loved one through no fault of their own to seek compensation for their losses. By filing a RI personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit in Rhode Island, victims can seek funds that will pay for their current and future medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering and other damages.
By specializing in this particular area of the law, we have developed the skill, experience and resources to handle a wide variety of case types, including:
- Car Accident Lawyer RI. Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for Americans ages 5 to 34, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Car accidents injure 6,400 adults every day in the U.S. Rhode Island Department of Health data show that approximately 1,300 people are injured in car crashes in our state every year.
- Drunk / Drugged Driving Accident Lawyer. A federal study found that 20 percent of adult drivers in Rhode Island had driven while under the influence of alcohol in the previous year, while 6.8 percent had driven while under the influence of illicit drugs. Those who drive drunk or drugged must be held accountable for this type of recklessness.
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Rhode Island. Nearly three-quarters of motorcycle accidents involve collisions with other vehicles, usually a passenger car. The other motorist is at fault two-thirds of the time. Motorcycle riders have the same right to use the road as other motorists do, and they deserve legal protection when the actions of other drivers’ injure them.
- Truck Accident Attorney RI. The size and weight of tractor trailers, 18-wheelers and other large commercial trucks ordinarily means that someone besides the trucker is hurt when a truck collides with a passenger car. Truck accidents are often caused by truck driver error, faulty equipment or a trucking company’s refusal to follow federal regulations. Commercial truck accidents need to be fully investigated by someone who is looking out for the injured.
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents and Injury Lawyer RI. A slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall accident can cause injuries such as sprains and strains, broken bones, hip fractures or traumatic brain injury (TBI). Even though older adults are particularly susceptible to serious injuries in a fall, anyone can be injured because someone at a store, office or private residence failed to remove or clean up a hazard.
- Construction / Job site Accident & RI Workers Compensation Employers have a legal obligation to ensure that workplaces are safe and that employees are properly trained and issued appropriate safety equipment. If a workplace accident results in a worker suffering an occupational injury, the worker deserves appropriate workers’ compensation benefits. Others may also be held accountable through what is known as a third-party liability claim.
- Inadequate Security (Violence) Lawyer Rhode Island. Premises liability law requires those who run businesses, hotels and motels, apartment complexes and other properties to ensure that they are reasonably safe for visitors. If inadequate security leads to someone being attacked and harmed, a victim of violence has rights that should be protected.
- Rhode Island Medical Malpractice / Birth Injury Lawyer. Patients or the families of those injured by negligence or carelessness on the part of doctors, nurses, anesthesiologists and other healthcare professionals and staff can pursue compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and other losses under Rhode Island medical malpractice law.
- Nursing Home Accidents / Abuse & Neglect Lawyer RI. Injuries caused by abuse in nursing homes are among the least reported crimes against the elderly. Usually someone other than the victim must step in to report a nursing home injury described as an “accident” and see that it is properly investigated. Gemma Law Associates attorneys have represented many victims of nursing home injuries in Rhode Island and are ready to assist you.
If you have been hurt or lost a loved one in an accident that someone else’s carelessness or recklessness caused, or in an act of violence or abuse, you have a right to seek compensation for your medical bills and losses.
The Rhode Island personal injury lawyers of Gemma Law Associates, Inc., have years of experience in helping injured people from Providence and throughout Rhode Island to include: Bristol, Cranston, Kent County, Newport, Pawtucket, Warwick, Washington County, Woonsocket, and more to obtain funds that can help them recover and rebuild their lives.
We can help you seek compensation for your expenses and your pain and suffering after someone else has harmed you. Call us toll-free today or complete our online form to get started on your case.
Still researching and not wanting to call us yet? Here are a list of resources that may help you find out the information you need about your Rhode Island personal injury:
- Personal injury RI
- RI Car Accident Lawyer
- Rhode island dog bite laws
- Construction Site Injury & Workers’ Compensation in RI
- Workers’ Compensation Rhode Island
- Slip and Fall Accident Injury Lawyer Rhode Island
- Car Accident with Drunk Driver in Rhode Island
- Medical Malpractice and Negligence in Rhode Island
- Wrongful Death Lawyer Rhode Island
- Rhode Island Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Multi-car accident and pile up Attorney in Rhode Island
- Truck Accident Rhode Island
- See More Rhode Island Legal Services Resources here!