The Newport accident attorneys of Gemma Law Associates, Inc., focus on helping victims of serious personal injuries – not only in Newport but also throughout the State of Rhode Island. We represent clients who have been injured by the negligent or intentional acts of another person or company. We seek money damages for their medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering and other losses.
If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident such as a car, truck, or motorcycle crash, or if you are the victim of medical malpractice, nursing home neglect or a defective product, call the Newport accident lawyers of Gemma Law Associates, Inc., toll free or use our online contact form. We provide free consultations. You have nothing to lose by discussing your accident with an experienced personal injury lawyer today.
About Newport, RI
Newport is in Newport County. It lies approximately 30 miles south of Providence. Located at the southern end of Aquidneck Island, Newport is surrounded by the waters of Narragansett Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. Historic Newport was a maritime settlement for centuries. By the mid-nineteenth century, it became known as a summer resort due to its pristine beaches and cool, pleasant summer weather. Starting in the 1880s, Newport, RI, became the home of America’s wealthiest families from New York, Boston and the South, who built palatial estates.
Newport is connected to neighboring communities by three bridges and Interstate highways I-95, I-195, and I-24. The city is easily accessible to the rest of Rhode Island and New England. Full-time Newport residents enjoy a thriving local economy that is driven by tourism and Naval Station Newport, which houses the U.S. Naval War College, Naval Undersea Warfare Center and a major U.S. Navy training center.
Newport, Rhode Island, Area Hospitals
If you are involved in a serious vehicle accident in Newport, first get immediate medical treatment for yourself and your passengers – even if no injuries are immediately apparent. Significant injuries may go undetected for several days, or even longer, without medical attention. Hospitals and medical centers serving the Newport area include the Newport Hospital.
Courts Serving Newport
Rhode Island has a state trial court system that consists of Superior Courts, Family Courts, District Courts, Traffic Tribunal Courts and the Workers’ Compensation Court. Municipal Courts and Probate Courts are local courts. Personal injury cases are handled in civil, rather than criminal, court. Courts serving Newport, RI, include:
- Newport Municipal Court is held at 43 Broadway, Newport, RI 02840. The phone number is (401) 845-5410. Cases heard by Municipal Courts include traffic violations and most municipal ordinance violations.
- Second Division District Court is held at the Florence K. Murray Judicial Complex 45 Washington Square, Newport, RI 02840. The phone number is (401) 841-8350. In Rhode Island, District Courts have exclusive jurisdiction over most general civil claims for less than $5,000.
- Newport County Superior Court is held at the Florence K. Murray Judicial Complex, 45 Washington Square, Newport RI 02840. Phone: 401-841-8330. Civil cases heard by Superior Courts include general civil claims for more than $10,000.
- The Workers’ Compensation Court, a specialized court that handles cases for the entire state from the J. Joseph Garrahy Judicial Complex, also serves Newport.
Additional Newport, RI Resources
Gemma Law Associates, Inc., does not endorse any of the businesses below, but provides them solely for informational purposes. If you would like to have your accident related Newport, RI business listed here, please contact via email: List my Site
- Island Auto Repair: From oil changes and tires to engine diagnostics and transmission rebuilding, Island Auto Repair is your one-stop shop for all your car care needs.
- City Auto Body: City Auto Body has a professional and efficient staff that is knowledgeable and always ready to assist with your auto body repairs.
Contact Our Newport Accident Attorneys Today
If you have been seriously injured due to someone else’s negligence or reckless behavior, contact Gemma Law Associates, Inc., today. Call us toll free or use our online contact form. Our office is conveniently located at 231 Reservoir Avenue, Providence, Rhode Island, 02907. We can provide a free consultation about your case. We speak Spanish and Portuguese as well as English.
Our Newport accident attorneys will answer your questions and help you determine the best course of action. We want you to focus on recovering from your accident – not worrying about your future.