For more than 48 years, the Bristol personal injury lawyers of Gemma Law Associates, Inc., have represented victims of car accidents, truck accidents, medical malpractice, product injuries, wrongful death and other types of personal injuries. Our caring and compassionate attorneys and staff will be your advocates throughout the complex personal injury claim process.
In addition to serving Bristol accident victims and their families, the personal injury attorneys of Gemma Law Associates, Inc., serve clients in communities across Rhode Island, including Providence, Newport, Warwick, Cranston, Pawtucket and Woonsocket. Call us today toll free or use our online form to schedule a free consultation. We can review your case and discuss how we can help you receive the maximum compensation for your damages, lost wages and medical expenses.
We Serve Personal Injury Victims in Bristol, Rhode Island
The personal injury attorneys of Gemma Law Associates, Inc., are proud to serve the community of Bristol, Rhode Island.
Bristol lies along Narragansett Bay in Bristol County. The picturesque seaport town of 22,954 residents (2010 census) is the cultural center for Bristol County. The Town of Bristol houses eight museums and Roger Williams University. Major industries in Bristol include boat building, marine industries, manufacturing, and tourism. With its unwavering commitment to historic preservation, Bristol maintains the picture-perfect charm of an historic port town founded in 1680.
Hospitals Serving Bristol, RI
If you are involved in a serious vehicle or workplace accident in Bristol, it is vital for you to receive immediate medical treatment – even if no injuries are immediately apparent. Car and truck accidents can cause serious and potentially devastating injuries. Significant injuries may go undetected without evaluation by qualified medical personnel. Hospitals and medical centers serving Bristol include:
- Bristol County Medical Center
- Rhode Island Hospital
- Hasbro Children’s Hospital
- Women and Infants Hospital of RI
At Gemma Law Associates, Inc., our RI personal injury attorneys are dedicated to helping Bristol accident victims preserve their rights and protect their claims for damages. If you have suffered from a serious personal injury and want to consult with an attorney about your case, call us today at (888) 343-4930 or use our online form. Your initial consultation is free.
Courts Serving Bristol, Rhode Island
The Rhode Island trial court system consists of Superior Courts, Family Courts, District Courts, Traffic Tribunal Courts and the Workers’ Compensation Court. Municipal Courts and Probate Courts are local courts.
Personal injury cases are handled in civil court. Civil lawsuits with claims ranging from $5,000 to $10,000 may be heard by the Superior Court or the County District Court. The Superior Court has original jurisdiction in civil suits in matters of equity and where claims exceed $10,000. The Superior Court also hears appeals on civil cases from the County District Court. Workers’ compensation claims are heard in Workers’ Compensation Courts.
The state of Rhode Island is divided into four Superior Court jurisdictions. These are located in Kent, Washington, Newport, Providence and Bristol counties. Providence and Bristol counties are combined into a single jurisdiction.
The courts serving Bristol include:
- Bristol Municipal Court – This court is held at the Burnside Memorial Building, 400 Hope Street, Bristol, RI 02809. The phone number is (401) 253-7000. This court hears matters relating to traffic, zoning, harbor patrol, disorderly conduct and animal code violations.
- Sixth Division District Court – This court is held at the J. Joseph Garrahy Judicial Complex, One Dorrance Plaza, Providence, RI 02903. The phone number is (401) 458-5400. In Rhode Island, District Courts have exclusive jurisdiction over most general civil claims for less than less than $5,000.
- Providence/Bristol County Superior Court – This court is held at the Frank J. Licht Judicial Complex, 250 Benefit Street, Providence, RI 02903. The phone number is (401) 222-3230. Civil cases heard by Superior Courts include general civil claims for more than $10,000. The Licht Judicial Complex, formerly known as the Providence County Courthouse, on South Main and Benefit Streets in Providence, houses the Providence/Bristol County Superior Court as well as the Supreme Court and the State Law Library.
- Workers’ Compensation Court – This is a specialized court that handles cases for the entire state, including Bristol, from the J. Joseph Garrahy Judicial Complex, One Dorrance Plaza, Providence, RI 02903. The phone number is (401) 458-5400.
If you have been hurt or lost a loved one in an accident that someone else’s carelessness or recklessness caused, or in an act of violence or abuse, you have a right to seek compensation for your medical bills and losses.
The Rhode Island personal injury lawyers of Gemma Law Associates, Inc., have years of experience in helping injured people from Providence and throughout Rhode Island to include: Bristol, Cranston, Kent County, Newport, Pawtucket, Warwick, Washington County, Woonsocket, and more to obtain funds that can help them recover and rebuild their lives.
We can help you seek compensation for your expenses and your pain and suffering after someone else has harmed you. Call us toll-free today or complete our online form to get started on your case.
Still researching and not wanting to call us yet? Here are a list of resources that may help you find out the information you need about your Rhode Island personal injury:
- Personal injury RI
- Rhode island dog bite laws
- Construction Site Injury & Workers’ Compensation in RI
- Workers’ Compensation Rhode Island
- Slip and Fall Accident Injury Lawyer Rhode Island
- Car Accident with Drunk Driver in Rhode Island
- Medical Malpractice and Negligence in Rhode Island
- Wrongful Death Lawyer Rhode Island
- Rhode Island Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Multi-car accident and pile up Attorney in Rhode Island
- Truck Accident Rhode Island
- See More Rhode Island Legal Services Resources here!