Providence Accident Attorneys
If you have suffered a serious personal injury, it will take medical care and time to heal your wounds. You will also be left with the harrowing experience of an accidental injury as well as its expense. That’s where the Providence personal injury lawyers of Gemma Law Associates, Inc., can help you.
Our attorneys have years of experience helping injured people from Providence and throughout Rhode Island to recover money to help them rebuild their lives. If your personal injury was caused by someone else’s negligence, we will strive to recover funds for you, too.
We can provide you with a free review of your case and a consultation about your legal options. Call us at our toll-free number or fill out our online form today.
Help for Providence Accident Victims
There are many ways a person can become involved in an accident resulting in serious personal injury or death. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says that there were more than 30 million unintentional nonfatal injuries reported in the U.S. in 2011. Meanwhile, violence and accidental injuries kill more people ages 1 to 44 in the U.S. than any other cause, according to the CDC.
Many accidents are compensable for the victim through personal injury or wrongful death legal claims. When someone is injured because of another person’s or entity’s negligence or recklessness, they have a right to seek financial relief for medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering and other losses.
Such accidents and injuries include:
- Car Accidents – The CDC says that approximately 6,400 adults are injured in car accidents every day, and motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for people ages 5 to 34.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorcyclists are at greater risk of serious injury or death in a collision with a car or truck because their vehicle does not protect them.
- Truck Accidents – In addition to truck driver error, faulty equipment on 18-wheelers and other commercial motor vehicles often contributes to accidents.
- Drunk-Driving Accidents – Mothers Against Drunk Drivers in Rhode Island says that 37 percent of RI traffic fatalities are DUI-related.
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents – Older adults are particularly susceptible to serious injuries, such as hip fractures in falling accidents.
- Construction / Workplace Accidents – Some jobs are more hazardous than others, but workers suffer injuries and fatal accidents in all kinds of workplaces.
- Medical Malpractice / Birth Injury – Preventable errors are frequently made by doctors, nurses, anesthesiologists, orderlies and other medical and healthcare professionals and staff in Rhode Island hospitals and other medical facilities.
- Inadequate Security (Violence) – Businesses, hotels and motels, apartment complexes and other properties must be secure so that residents and visitors are not harmed.
- Nursing Home Accidents / Abuse – Nursing home injuries are among the least reported crimes against the elderly. It is normally up to someone besides the victim to initiate a proper response to a nursing home accident.
Contact Our Providence Personal Injury Attorneys Today
The Providence personal injury lawyers of Gemma Law Associates, Inc., are available to help you exercise your right to seek compensation when you are injured through no fault of your own. Complete our online form or call us toll-free today to set up a free initial consultation.