Three Rhode Island teens and a local firefighter are lucky to be alive after falling into an icy mess on Monday, February 15.
The teens and the firefighters were taken to Rhode Island and being evaluated for Hypothermia after they took a slippery slide into Brickyard Pond.
Lt. Edward Owens said the teenagers had gone out about 75 yards on the pond off the Eastbay Bikepath when the ice creaked beneath them. One of the teens was miraculously able to climb out of the pond onto dry surface to call 911 while his other friends remained inside the water.
Officials have noted that the pond has been posted for no skating.
Unexpected falls of this sort can be very frightening so it’s important especially during this winter season to know how to keep yourself safe. Ready has offered these tips to help make your winter a safe one:
- Avoid traveling into deserted areas especially areas of high risk for icy conditions.
- Dress warmly.
- If you are traveling in winter conditions always make sure to pack blankets.
- Keep dry. Change wet clothing frequently to prevent a loss of body heat. Wet clothing loses all of its insulating value and transmits heat rapidly.
- Drive only if it is absolutely necessary. If you must drive: travel in the day; don’t travel alone; keep others informed of your schedule; stay on main roads and avoid back road shortcuts.
- Let someone know your destination, your route, and when you expect to arrive. If your car gets stuck along the way, help can be sent along your predetermined route.
Have You Been Injured During Recreational Activity?
Suffering an injury during a recreational activity can be an extremely frustrating and upsetting experience. If another party’s negligence caused your injuries, it is important to think carefully about filing a personal injury lawsuit. One of the dedicated Rhode Island personal injury attorneys at our firm can help you. Contact Gemma Law Associates, Inc. We can provide a free review of your case and discuss the services we can provide.
If you have been hurt or lost a loved one in an accident that someone else’s carelessness or recklessness caused, or in an act of violence or abuse, you have a right to seek compensation for your medical bills and losses.
The Rhode Island personal injury lawyers of Gemma Law Associates, Inc., have years of experience in helping injured people from Providence and throughout Rhode Island to include: Bristol, Cranston, Kent County, Newport, Pawtucket, Warwick, Washington County, Woonsocket, and more to obtain funds that can help them recover and rebuild their lives.
We can help you seek compensation for your expenses and your pain and suffering after someone else has harmed you. Call us toll-free today or complete our online form to get started on your case.
Still researching and not wanting to call us yet? Here are a list of resources that may help you find out the information you need about your Rhode Island personal injury:
- Personal injury RI
- Rhode island dog bite laws
- Construction Site Injury & Workers’ Compensation in RI
- Workers’ Compensation Rhode Island
- Slip and Fall Accident Injury Lawyer Rhode Island
- Car Accident with Drunk Driver in Rhode Island
- Medical Malpractice and Negligence in Rhode Island
- Wrongful Death Lawyer Rhode Island
- Rhode Island Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Multi-car accident and pile up Attorney in Rhode Island
- Truck Accident Rhode Island
- See More Rhode Island Legal Services Resources here!